Contract Role: Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / Architect (Azure & O365)
Location: Hybrid, with 3 Days per week at the Wisbech Office in Cambridgeshire
Term: 6 Months, IR35 to be determined
Rate: £425 per day
We are looking for a Hands-On, experienced Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work on a Cloud Migration Project. Ideally you will have the ability to interpret high level designs (HLD’s) and design & implement low level designs (LLD’s), so low level architecture skills are preferred but not essential.
You will work closely with the Head of IT and a 3rd Party MSP to integrate multiple company infrastructures and domains and migrate them to Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
You will need to have experience in Cloud, Infrastructure and Security as you will be responsible for the implementation, management, and configuration of physical and virtual infrastructure, implementing hardening policies, and configuring Microsoft modern workplace environment.
An essential part of the role is working in detail with cloud technologies such as Office 365 and migrations to Azure. You will have experience managing and securing Endpoints, creating hybrid environments with on-premises Active Directory, Azure AD and Single Sign On, creating, maintaining, and monitoring VM deployments in Azure, and migrating on premise virtual environments into Azure.
- Migration experience moving on-premises servers to cloud environments.
- Migration experience moving on-premises fileservers to O365 (SharePoint / OneDrive) environments.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience configuring and maintaining Office 365, Intune, ASR and Azure / Azure AD, AVD and Defender for Endpoint.
- Hands-on experience securing Office 365 including configuring conditional access policies, Intune policies, Autopilot, and ATP.
- Experience in identifying and remediating unpatched and end-of-life technologies.
- Hands on experience of managing users, devices, and mailboxes in Office 365.
- Hands on experience with Active Directory, Single Sign On and federation
- To plan and carry out migration from on premises legacy infrastructure to Microsoft Azure
- To complete the role out of Microsoft 365 across all sites
- To introduce new IT policies and procedures designed to increase the business cyber security.
- To produce necessary IT documentation such as DR Planning, user guides and network diagrams
- Licensing compliance and cost optimisation
- Configure Intune and Autopilot for new end user devices.
- Vulnerability management and remediation through Qualys VMDR
- Simulated Phishing and training campaigns via KnowBe4.
- Roll out and configuration of Defender for Endpoint to replace existing Sophos AV solution
- Experience with Qualys WAS and VMDR, deployment and configuration of cloud agents across endpoints.
- A good understanding of SOC technologies e.g., Microsoft Sentinel SIEM.
- PowerShell scripting experienced.
- A good understating of Cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities that impact the infrastructure you manage, design and build.
- Ability to implement infrastructure components in line with platform hardening standards.
- Knowledge and experience configuring and deploying Azure resources – IaaS, PaaS etc.
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Knowledge of best practice for setting up and securing cloud environments such as Azure / O365.
- Experience of designing, installing, and configuring network security devices such as firewalls, switches, and routers. Ubiquiti network experience would be beneficial.
- Experience of Virtualisation technologies especially Hyper-V
Search Terms: Cloud Infrastructure Security Engineer, Microsoft Azure Migration, Office 365, Microsoft 365, O365, M365, Azure Migration, Active Directory, Azure AD, Single Sign On, VM, Intune, ASR, AVD, Defender, Autopilot.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org