City of London
Role – Backend Engineer
Salary – up to £100k base plus sign on bonus, bonus and private healthcare
Location – 100% remote
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Product Engineering group. Rapid growth requires architectural and organisational improvements: this is an opportunity to help build a culture of technical excellence, as well as to lead groups of engineers in delivering highly performant, scalable features across a business critical area. Inherent in this is huge potential for personal growth, which we are very keen to support!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead team(s) in technical implementation on our marketplace and enterprise products, working with product, QA, UX and other engineers to ensure quality and speed of delivery.
- Build scalable and highly performant features. Tackle complex refactors.
- Be on the front line to firefight and triage. Rally engineers and drive resolutions to business critical problems.
- Work with engineering leadership and other Senior / Staff Engineers to evaluate technologies, infrastructure and architecture, driving improvements in all three.
- Mentor and coach engineers
Experience & Skills
- Strong experience building and maintaining applications using Ruby, Rails and PostgreSQL; experience with other languages and frameworks is a plus
- Exceptional communication, including an ability to effectively distil and communicate technical material to non-technical audiences.
- A comprehensive and consistently demonstrated understanding of operational excellence.
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into small pieces that can be delivered and validated incrementally. Experience with A/B testing and data-driven methods.
- Understanding of scalability bottlenecks in Rails applications. An ability to work with both monolithic and (micro)service architectures
- Experience and understanding of how to represent data and solve problems in code: A computer science degree might be useful, but not required
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com