Are you an experienced Data Engineer seeking a new challenge with a leading provider of big datAa?
Our client is looking for someone who is keen to join their team as a Data Engineer, learn what they do and have worked in a similar role and bring in some ideas and experience.
- London based with travel to client site
- Salary up to £50k plus benefits
- Must hold valid UK/EU passport or have valid UK Visa.
* Develop and enforce data integration processes, templates, design patterns, frameworks, best practices and technical standards around Talend
* Use hands-on technology experience to conduct proofs of concepts and prototypes to prove out new technology and innovative ideas in search for competitive advantages
* Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for a variety of sources into a variety of systems using Talend
* Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
* Ensure scalability and high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity within the data systems we deploy
* Provide technical leadership and coaching to junior team members where required
* Design and develop ELT and ETL solutions focused on moving data from highly diverse data landscape into a centralised data lake; also, architect, design solutions to acquire semi/unstructured data sources, such as sensors, machine logs, click streams, etc
* Be involved in activities centred on obtaining data and loading into an Enterprise Data Lake
* Serve as an expert in efficient Talend ETL, data quality, and data consolidation
* Perform Talend ETL code review to make sure it follows the established standards and best practices
* Stay current with vendor/product roadmaps and make recommendations for adoption
* Maintain a customer-focused attitude.
* 3+ years of experience of data governance, data quality, profiling, MDM, data modelling
* 3+ years of experience building large-scale data solutions involving data architecture, data integration, business intelligence and data analytics
* 2+ year of experience working on large scale Big Data projects
* Deep technical knowledge of most components contained within the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, etc.)
* Experience with RDBMS platforms, such as SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake, and in-memory columnar storage, such as HANA
* Strong SQL skills
* Java/J2EE experience a plus
* Experience with visualisation tools a plus
* Understanding of statistical and predictive modelling concepts, a plus
* Project Management experience with agile methodologies a plus
* Manage numerous competing demands in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com