Role: Database & Data Migration Consultant
Salary: £60k + Bonus & Benefits Package
Location: 100% Remote (but willing to travel if required)
Are you an experienced Database & Data Migration Consultant with experience in both legacy databases such as IMS, DB2, IDMS, IDMSX along with experience migrating those to new RDBMS systems such as MS SQL Server & Oracle?
Our client are a large IT/business services & Software provider who due to growth require an additional Database & Data Migration Consultant. You will have the responsibility for the successful end-2-end delivery of Legacy Database and Data migration and handover to support. You will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of the data migration role from creating the data logical model, creating the new database schema, migrating the data, testing and verifying the data is correct, providing training and handing over to support. This is a client facing role and you will be responsible for to ensure effective communications and relationships are maintained between the customer, project team and 3rd party organisations.
- Learn and operate the company’s modernisation Database and Data migration toolset
- Function as an effective project team member
- Maintain a co-operative nature at all times
- Maintain the ability to both take instruction and work under own initiative as required.
- Ability to maintain a sharp focus on and finish intensive projects.
- Maintaining an awareness of technological developments and best practice and adapt and apply new ideas as appropriate
- Successfully handing over solutions to relevant internal or external staff, including knowledge transfer
- Delivering and promoting quality, excellence and continuous service improvement for Professional Services engagements
- Keeping abreast of new features and functions made available within the company suite of products
- Oracle DBA including data integration utilities
- SQL Server DBA and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Legacy Database in IMS, IDMS, IDMSX, RDB, DB2
- Legacy Data files such as VSAM, RMS
- Data modelling
- Scripting experience such as Perl, Python, Powershell
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Well presented and good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in both structured and unstructured working environments
- A wealth of experience
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver a successful project
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com