Desktop and Endpoint Engineer
London – Full time with 4 days a week in the office
Salary – £40k – £60k (D.o.E)
We have a fantastic new opportunity with a Global Law Firm based in London, who are looking for a Desktop and Endpoint Engineer to join their Information Services (IS) Team.
The Desktop and Endpoint Engineer is responsible for the configuration, health and maintenance of the infrastructure as it relates to managing our Desktop/Workstations and Endpoints such as laptops, desktops, VDI and mobile devices.
- Responsible for the implantation and maintenance of Endpoint patching and provisioning infrastructure, including but not limited to SCCM, Intune, MDT. Will ensure all devices are being built to standard and are patched, updated, and maintained through their lifecycle.
- Manage and provision virtual desktop infrastructure in AzureVDI/Citrix. Maintain resources associated such as gold images, deployment repositories, etc. Support L3 issues for users in these environments.
- Develop scripts and PowerShell applications to assist automating various functions of a System Admin role.
- Package and deploy software as needed based on new releases, project initiatives and environmental troubleshooting.
- Participate as the DEE L3 engineering escalation point.
- Partner with strategic roles in Architecture & Engineering, Local IS Support and others to ensure business continuity for desktop and 365 services.
- Participate in systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Create and maintain written documentation, including system manuals and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, and standards.
- Maintains quality service by adhering organisation standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Develop technology standards and best practices for enterprise operations and the integration of new technologies as well as expansion, augmentation and upgrades of existing systems, devices and infrastructure software and OS versions.
- Share responsibility for operational health and optimization of technology infrastructure systems to ensure performance and reliability for both production and disaster recovery environments and systems.
- Provide 3rd-tier technical support for a wide array of technology, including Office365 productivity suite, SCCM and Imaging/Enrollment, VDI, and desktop applications, as needed.
- Provide L3 leadership and departmental support for special enterprise-wide assignments.
- Maintain close communications with senior IS management to ensure that all notifications regarding projects and work in progress are made on a timely basis and with complete detail to enable continuous computer operation within the firm.
- Provide full coverage during the absence of the other IS management or staff; advise local offices and firm wide information security management as soon and in advance as possible regarding down states or unavailable systems and anticipated availability.
- Perform routine system administration functions in manager’s or staff absence, including after-hours and/or emergency response work done at sole discretion.
- Available to work outside of core office hours and weekends as required.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Skills & experience:
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm application.
- Following new-hire orientation, exhibit proficiency in the firm’s mainstream business applications.
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- 3+ years of progressive experience implementing and designing enterprise class technologies along with the proven ability to operate at an elevated level in terms of scope of responsibility, judgement and autonomy) and in a multi-office environment.
- Recent experience and/or certifications in the following:
o Desktop Infrastructure technology including but not limited to: Microsoft SCCM/Intune/MECM, Office365 Suite, AzureVDI, MBAM, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/VDI.
o Mobile Device Management including Android/iOS devices.
o Advanced knowledge of MS Enterprise suite and Windows Server Roles/Features such as – Active Directory, SQL/SSRS, DHCP, DNS, (GPO) Policies, DFS and replication, Public DNS, Clustering
o Powershell and scripting knowledge. Other DevOps experience a plus.
o Experience with IP structure, physical and logical segments, VLANs. Functional knowledge of TCP/IP and standard networking.
o Required to participate in an on-call rotation which will require 24-hour availability while in the rotation
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Prior law firm or professional services experience.
- Experience and/or certifications in the following:
o Litera Suite.
o Endpoint Backups such as OneDrive or Druva.
o Level 3 system administration in a large scale predominantly Microsoft Windows environment.
o Experience with hybrid on-prem & cloud environments.
o Familiarity with Mac OSX.
Please note that only those with the right to work in the UK will be considered. No sponsorship is available.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com