Role: Digital Service Designer – GDS/UX/UR/Content Design (Public Sector, central government GDS)
Location: Anywhere (Remote based), with occasional expensed visits to London up to once per month
Rate: £450-465 per day OUTSIDE IR35
Term: 6 Months, renewable until FYE 2023 and possibly FYE 2024
Our client are a Digital Transformation Consultancy who provide resource for digital work programmes for various central government departs.
We require an experienced Digital Service Designer with GDS/UX/UR/Content Design skills with initiative to drive and define strategies. This will be to work for our client’s end-user, the Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS). The be considered you must have experience working in public sector for central government departments and therefore have experience of working to Government Digital Services Guidelines (GDS) which are the guidelines governing digital applications accessed via the .gov.uk website
- Needs GOV.UK exposure
- Needs NHS experience ideally, but .Gov experience is fine
- Fluent English
- Acts on initiative – is able to think outside the box and not rely on someone feeding them requirements
- Able to drive and define strategies
- Proactive Team player
- Ability to work mainly remotely with occasional meetings in London
- Experience working on Pre-discovery and Discovery projects as well as Alpha/Betas
- Experience working with shifting requirements and low agile stakeholders
- Demonstrable Digital Service Design experience – GDS/UX/UR/Content Design
- Knowledge/experience of User centred design (UCD), visual design, Agile etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills (you must be able to lead meetings with challenging stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, you must be experienced working on things like Gov, Law, Finance, Compliance – these all have to be precise)
- Flexible working – in terms of requirements and methodologies these change a lot we so you will need to ensure you are ready to flex
- Remote workers can be based anywhere but you must be able to go to London or Birmingham at most once per month.
Search Terms: Digital Service Designer, GDS, UX, UR, Content Design, Public Sector, central government digital services guidelines, UCD, Agile
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org