Tyne and Wear
Role- 1st Line Support / Customer Service Advisor
Location- Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Salary- £19,500 + 5-10% Bonus Scheme
Benefits Package: AE Pension, PMI, Life Insurance & Income Protection
Are you seeking a career in IT support and customer service with a leading software vendor?
In this entry level role you will act in an operational support capacity, monitoring the company’s software products, raising, and resolving incidents on behalf of customers and primary care services.
To provide first line support to Customers investigating incidents with the company’s software products via phone and remote support tools. Full training given!
Duties and Responsibilities
- To remotely monitor the company’s software installed on internal data centres and external data centres.
- To raise incidents for failures and errors found during monitoring and other support duties and resolve these incidents.
- Liaise with customers daily on the progress of incidents, being able to explain technical issues in a customer friendly manner.
- Raise incidents with third parties including clinical system providers, own and progress these incidents to resolution, escalating where necessary.
- Plan and organize installation, upgrade, reinstallation and project completion activities with the customer.
- Plan incident resolution activities with the customer.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To provide support by application of known fixes and other tasks.
- To provide first line technical support, resolving incidents, connecting to hosted environments and using desktop connectivity software.
- To take ownership of incidents and be pro-active when resolving them.
- Support users in the use of the company’s software by providing necessary training and advice.
- To raise problems identified in incidents with technical and development teams.
- Third Party Interaction.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Ability to plan and organize daily, weekly and monthly support activities in a logical manner, ensuring all customers receive support services.
- Ability to learn to develop simple support scripts and support tools for internal use.
- Experience of planning and organizing large volume installations/rollout and upgrades for customers, producing e customer and management reports on progress.
- Experience of direct liaison with customers in telephone conferences or meetings.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer care skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft based PC and server operating systems with emphasis on typical windows operating systems in use.
- An understanding of networks, troubleshooting/diagnostics of TCP/IP, IP Config, DNS, firewalls, permissions, etc.
- Good understanding of PC and common server hardware set-up and configuration.
- Good knowledge and understanding of how software applications work, being able to understand and differentiate between the files and components required for them to operate.
- Ability to troubleshoot complicated technical issues using only remote connection facilities or over the telephone.
- Hands on approach and a willingness to learn.
Search Terms: First line, 2nd line, Troubleshooting, IP, DNS, Microsoft, Technician, Support, Customer Service, Office 365, Desktop Support, Remote Support, Remote Connectivity.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org