Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Role: Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire
Salary: £30-40k dependent on experience, plus Benefits Package
Are you a Data Protection Officer (DPO) or have you held responsibility as DPO as part of a broader compliance/internal auditor role?
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate skills, ability and experience in Data Protection Compliance & GDPR compliance as Data Protection Officer (DPO). Our client are large, successful and growing international e-commerce business who require this person to advice the organisation and its employees with regard to data protection obligations.
- Inform and advise the organisation and its employees of their data protection obligations under the GDPR
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with the GDPR and internal data protection policies and procedures. This will include monitoring the assignment of responsibilities, awareness training, and in-depth training on role specific responsibilities
- Advise on, assist with and approve data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) in line with company procedures
- Be the contact point for individuals (data subjects) on privacy matters, including subject access requests
- Be the main contact point to the data protection authorities for all data protection issues, including data breach reporting
- Liaise with data committee to ensure the organisation meets its dada governance objectives across all departments
- Ensure data subject requests/breaches are handled in accordance with the timescales required by the GDPR and our customers.
- Completing internal audits and assisting with external audits
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of DPO required
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO27001
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Customer Focus
- Able to see the ‘bigger picture’ and plan for short, medium & long term
- Highly organized
Search Terms: DPO, Data Protection Officer, GDPR, DPA, ISO9001, ISO27001, compliance, audit
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com