Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Role: Field Service Engineer (Desktop / PC / Laptop /EPOS / Server)
Location: Based from home in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area visiting client sites daily
Salary: £27-29k + New Hybrid Car + Fuel Card + Mobile, Laptop + iPad +On-Call (1 week in 5 worth £3200 + Overtime. Package worth £40k+!!
Benefits: Pension 5% Matched, after 3 years goes up to 7% Matched, Sickness cover 4 weeks full pay, Then 4 weeks half-pay + Comprehensive Soft Benefits package
Do you have Field Experience and and appetite to learn new skills? Our client is a large and established market leader in the IT MSP space. They require several IT Field Service Engineers in the Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland area.
To be successful in this role you must have a full UK drivers licence with less than 6 points and be happy travelling to client sites in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area daily. You must have field service experience and be skilled in hardware break/fix of Laptops & Servers to system board level. Ideally you will have one or more vendor certifications from HP, IBM, Lenovo or Dell. Calls range from on-site swap outs of Laptops and Desktops to HW Break/fix of EPOS, Printers, Scanners and to a lesser degree Networks.
You must be able to work on your own and carry out on-site troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment whilst providing excellent customer service.
Roles + Responsibilities:
- Able to operate independently and remotely as on-site troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment is essential.
- Skilled at setting up, maintaining, and supporting server, desktop and/or EPOS environments.
- Able to connect to and install client software on a variety of networking systems at different customer sites
- The capacity to adhere to safety and ESD measures and to follow written protocols.
- Have effective problem-solving skills and the flexibility to adapt and pick up new skills as you go.
- Create, cultivate, and uphold respectful working relationships with all internal Teams for call control and tech vetting.
- Verify all contractual, procedural, and process requirements are being adhered to.
- Provide the highest standard of customer service and assistance to all clients.
- Complete all paperwork (Customer Check sheets, Field Service Call Reports etc.) in accordance with SLA deadlines.
- Be assertive in working with call allocators to make sure SLAs are satisfied as cheaply as possible
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi Manufacturer PC/Laptop & Server Hardware Break Fix skills to system board level.
- Customer facing IT industry experience.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Team Player
- Awareness of ITIL methodologies and best practice.
- Previous employment in a similar role is ideal
- Keep up with any necessary Manufacturer Server Accreditations.
- Possess great functional knowledge of server/PC architecture, Windows operating systems, break-fix, printer, laptop, and EPOS troubleshooting.
- Able to work on a variety of goods autonomously.
- Outstanding organizational and customer service abilities.
- Capable of handling pressure.
- Capable of upholding a consistently high level of professionalism and quality.
- Uphold fantastic client connections.
- Recognized accreditations, i.e. HP/IBM/Dell. Server and/or Desktop/Laptop
- Possess great functional knowledge of server/PC architecture, Windows operating systems, break-fix, printer, and EPOS troubleshooting.
Search Terms: Field Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Senior Service Engineer, Senior Field service Engineer, Senior Field Engineer, HP, IBM, Dell, Lenovo, Server, IT, PC Architecture, Windows Operating Systems, EPOS troubleshooting, Troubleshooting, Break-fix, EPOS Systems, EPOS Environment
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org