Kingston upon Thames
Role: Field Service Engineer (PC / Laptop / Server & EPOS)
Location: Based from home in South West London, ideally the Kingston Upon Thames area visiting client sites daily
Salary: £29k + £4k On-call + Hybrid Car + Fuel Card + Mobile/Laptop/iPad + OT Package worth £40k+!!
Benefits: Pension 5% Matched, after 3 years goes up to 7% Matched, Sickness cover 4 weeks full pay, Then 4 weeks half-pay + Comprehensive Soft Benefits package + HP, IBM & Dell Training & Certification
Do you have Field Experience and an appetite to learn new skills? Our client is a large and established market leader in the IT MSP space. They require several IT Field Service Engineers in South West London.
To be successful in this role you must have a full UK drivers licence with less than 6 points and be happy travelling to client sites in the South West London area daily. You must have field service experience and be skilled in hardware break/fix on Laptops & Servers. The PC & EPOS side can be trained if required. Calls range from on-site swap outs of Laptops, Servers and PC’s to HW Break/fix of EPOS, Printers, Scanners and to a lesser degree Networks.
Ideally you will hold at least 1 vendor certification from HP, IBM/Lenovo or Dell. You will be provided training to achieve all these certifications if you are missing any. You must be able to work on your own and carry out on-site troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment whilst providing excellent customer service.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operate independently and remotely as on-site troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment is essential.
- Setting up, maintaining, and supporting server, desktop and/or EPOS environments.
- Connect to and install client software on a variety of networking systems at different customer sites
- Adhering to safety and ESD measures and following written protocols.
- Effective problem-solving and flexibility to adapt and pick up new skills
- Create, cultivate, and uphold respectful working relationships with all internal Teams for call control and tech vetting.
- Verify all contractual, procedural, and process requirements are being adhered to.
- Provide the highest standard of customer service and assistance to all clients.
- Complete all paperwork (Customer Check sheets, Field Service Call Reports etc.) in accordance with SLA deadlines.
- Be assertive in working with call allocators to make sure SLAs are satisfied as cheaply as possible
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Hardware Break/Fix skills, Laptop & Server as a minimum but ideally also including PC, Desktop & EPOS
- Drivers Licence and willingness to travel to sites in your areas daily
- Ability to join an out of hours on-call rota 1 week in 5
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer facing IT industry experience.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Team Player
- Awareness of ITIL methodologies and best practice.
- Previous employment in a similar role (Field Engineer) is ideal
- Keep up with any necessary Manufacturer Server Accreditations.
- Functional knowledge of server/PC architecture, Windows operating systems, break-fix, printer, laptop, and EPOS troubleshooting.
- Work on a variety of goods autonomously.
- Outstanding organizational and customer service abilities.
- Capable of handling pressure.
- Manufacturer recognized accreditations: HP/IBM/Lenovo/Dell. Server and/or Desktop.
Search Terms: Field Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Senior Service Engineer, Senior Field service Engineer, Senior Field Engineer, HP, IBM, Dell, Lenovo, Server, IT, PC Architecture, Windows Operating Systems, EPOS troubleshooting, Troubleshooting, Break-fix, EPOS Systems, EPOS Environment
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com