Role: Field Service Engineer (Desktop / PC / EPOS / Server)
Location: Based from home in the West London area visiting client sites daily
Salary: £27-29k + Hybrid Car (worth £6k) + Fuel Card + Mobile, Laptop + iPad +On-Call (1 week in 5 worth £3200 + Overtime. Package worth £40k+!!
Eligibility: Must have UK driver’s license, be able to achieve SC Clearance and work in the UK without a Visa
Benefits: Pension 5% Matched, after 3 years goes up to 7% Matched, Sickness cover 4 weeks full pay, then 4 weeks half-pay + Comprehensive Soft Benefits package
Do you have Field Experience and appetite to learn new skills? Our client is a large and established market leader in the IT MSP space. They require several IT Field Service Engineers in Southwest London. Ideally you will be located in the Kingston Upon Thames area.
To be successful in this role you must have a full UK drivers’ licence with less than 6 points and be happy travelling to client sites in the Southwest London area daily. You will have field service experience and be skilled in hardware break/fix with at least one vendor certification from HP, IBM, Lenovo, or Dell. Calls range from on-site swap outs of Laptops and Desktops to HW Break/fix of EPOS, Printers, Scanners and to a lesser degree Networks.
You must be able to work on your own and carry out on-site troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment whilst providing excellent customer service. In an interview you will be expected to demonstrate your ability to strip down a laptop to system board level.
Roles + Responsibilities:
- Able to operate independently and remotely as on-site troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment is essential.
- Skilled at setting up, maintaining, and supporting server, desktop and/or EPOS environments.
- Able to connect to and install client software on a variety of networking systems at different customer sites
- The capacity to adhere to safety and ESD measures and to follow written protocols.
- Have effective problem-solving skills and the flexibility to adapt and pick up new skills as you go.
- Create, cultivate, and uphold respectful working relationships with all internal Teams for call control and tech vetting.
- Verify all contractual, procedural, and process requirements are being adhered to.
- Provide the highest standard of customer service and assistance to all clients.
- Complete all paperwork (Customer Check sheets, Field Service Call Reports etc.) in accordance with SLA deadlines.
- Be assertive in working with call allocators to make sure SLAs are satisfied as cheaply as possible
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Manufacturer recognized accreditations, I.E. HP/IBM/Dell. Server and/or Desktop/Laptop.
- Customer facing IT industry experience.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Team Player
- Awareness of ITIL methodologies and best practice.
- Previous employment in a similar role is ideal
- Keep up with any necessary Manufacturer Server Accreditations.
- Possess great functional knowledge of server/PC architecture, Windows operating systems, break-fix, printer, laptop, and EPOS troubleshooting.
- Able to work on a variety of goods autonomously.
- Outstanding organizational and customer service abilities.
- Capable of handling pressure.
- Capable of upholding a consistently high level of professionalism and quality.
- Uphold fantastic client connections.
Search Terms: Field Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Senior Service Engineer, Senior Field service Engineer, Senior Field Engineer, HP, IBM, Dell, Lenovo, Server, IT, Laptop, PC Architecture, Windows Operating Systems, EPOS troubleshooting, Troubleshooting, Break-fix, EPOS Systems, EPOS Environment
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org