Up to £40,000 plus package
5 days a week on site
We are currently working with an educational organisation who are looking to appoint an experienced Finance Manager to support their back-office team. As the Finance Manager you will maintain accurate financial records and provide relevant financial information to ensure the effective running of the organisation, as well as working closely with the staff members responsible for HR, Resource, Fundraising, and Development.
The Finance Manager will ensure that values are built into culture and practices and will give professional support and guidance to individual staff and to wider groups.
- To promote the highest standards of financial accounting, drawing on a sound understanding of best practice and current and relevant regulatory requirements.
- To produce monthly management accounts, including a review of variances, explore potential discrepancies with the CEO and Heads of Departments and make appropriate recommendations and advise of the impact on the business.
- Maintaining day-to-day and monthly records for all financial transactions
- To oversee the monthly payroll, be responsible for ensuring the monthly payroll is completed on time every month and maintain a practical and in-depth knowledge of every step of this process.
- To recruit staff as required, including writing job descriptions and person specifications, advertising, short listing and interviewing and arranging induction of new staff.
- Previous working experience in a Finance Manager position.
- High level ICT skills, including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup)
- A recognised professional accounting qualification with a thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles
- Leadership experience would be desirable
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com