Role: IT Graduate / Junior SQL DBA
Location: Hybrid – 4 days pw WFH, 1 day pw (Wednesday’s) at office in Tankersley, Barnsley
Rate: £150-250 per day dependent on experience, (Inside IR35)
Term: 9 months, with likely 12 month renewal
Our client is a global IT Services outsourcer and this contract would be working for one of their Global Banking clients. They require an enthusiastic and motivated IT Graduate or Junior level candidate as a Junior SQL Server Database Administrator to assist a Senior DBA to Support SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments from development to production.
This role will suit an enthusiastic IT Graduate or someone with junior experience who is looking to develop their skills and experience with a global client.
To be successful you MUST be:
- Have a high attention to detail for data analysis and reporting
- Able to pick up new skills quickly
- Be very strong in MS office, particularly MS Excel – VLOOKUPS, Formulas, XLOOKUPS etc.
- Be commutable to Tankersley near Barnsley, Sheffield 1 day per week
- Possess an understanding of SQL & Databases from IT studies or experience
- Support senior DBA in the Monitoring of the security, health and performance of the SQL estate to deliver reliability and resilience.
- Support senior DBA with Providing problem resolution end-to-end, analysing and solving issues in real-time to mission critical systems.
- Support senior DBA with Refining and automating business-as-usual dataflow processes.
- Maintaining operational and technical support documentation as appropriate within your job spec.
- Support senior DBA Performing scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of core hours.
- Support senior DBA Proactive monitoring and tuning of SQL instances and databases to help in identifying underlying problems affecting the reliability and performance of applications.
- Support senior DBA Deliver projects in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally managed.
- Support senior DBA to Assist in developing policies and future strategies in line with business requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge/understanding of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, T-SQL.
- Knowledge/understanding of SSMS, SSRS and Visual Studio Data Tools
- Experience of UCMDB would be an advantage!!
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills.
- Flexible; duties may demand evening and weekend work.
As you will be supporting the Senior SQL DBA, this contract will provide an excellent opportunity to progress & develop your skills with the possibility of resulting in further contracts or even permanent employment
Search Terms: Junior SQL DBA, SQL Server DBA, MS SQL Database Administrator, SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, T-SQL, SSMS, SSRS and Visual Studio Data Tools, UCMDB, Advanced Excel, Advanced MS Excel, VLOOKUPS, FORMULAS, XLOOKUPS, Reports, Reporting
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org