Human Resources and Personnel
Role: Head of HR
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire
Hours: FT mon-fri office hours, PT considered (4 days)
Are you an experienced HR Operations Manager or Head of Human Resources looking for your next opportunity with a successful, fast moving and growing business?
Our client are a market leading e-commerce business who have experienced significant growth and success over the last 20+ years. They now stand at 580 staff over 5 buildings and sites, which are all based in Skelmersdale.
They require a motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Senior HR Manager/Head of HR to lead a small team and make a difference by raising HR’s profile within the business by focussing on professional services: contracts, engagement community, Benefits, learning & development (L&D) etc. along with the provision of HR Operational efficiencies; grievances & disciplinaries, process improvement etc.
- You will report to the MD, and based in the Skelmersdale Head Office but working across all offices when necessary.
- Be visible across the shop floor and HQ
- With 500+ colleagues across the sites, you will further develop the culture and development of people as this is critical to future success and this role will lead on all aspects of this key strategic objective
- As the Head of HR, you will ensure delivery of the HR Agenda in support of the business plan. This is a hands on operational role involved at all levels, delivering an effective HR service across the business, supporting and advising the management team on all employee related matters and driving best practice and continuous improvement across the business.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring the business operates in line with all current UK employment legislation and provide day to day advice and support to line managers on all HR issues across the business.
- You will also have a remit for implementing the HR agenda ensuring alignment to the business strategy and making recommendations, developing, implementing and administering policies and procedures using best practices to enhance operations.
- You will lead and provide direction, development and leadership to all HR staff as well as setting objectives which Support the business strategy.
- A relevant HR qualification e.g. CIPD level 5 or 7
- Experience of leading, or a senior member of a HR function in a fast moving environment
- Experience of implementing change from a HR perspective
- Experience of working with Senior Teams and Board members to drive People initiatives
- Strong generalist HR background with a track record of delivering as a HR Manager ideally gained in a fast paced, logistics environment.
- Good working knowledge of employment law and experience dealing with volume and complex people issues
Search Terms: Human Resources Manager, HR Manager, Senior HR Manager, Head of HR, CIPD Level 5, CIPD Level 7, Learning & Development, L&D, HR Operations Manager, People Success Manager, People & Culture Manager
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com