Position: Head of Software Development
Location: Fully remote
Benefits: £90,000 – £100,000 DOE + Benefits
Are you an expert developer with vast team management and team building experience looking for an opportunity within a globally recognised company? Our client are a market leading company within the eCommerce space and are currently on the lookout for a head of software development to help grow the core business whilst bringing new innovative ideas which will benefit the company long term.
This is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced environment where you will be expected to
build exceptional teams, and drive a high-performance culture that encourages innovation, learning and collaboration to develop the best engineering talent.
- Manage the day-to-day work of their developers, working closely with CTO, other software development heads, Product Managers and Scrum Masters to deliver frequent deployments of new software.
- Manage delivery from multiple multi-disciplinary teams of software engineers, providing technical and strategic guidance that ensures high-quality code ships quickly.
- Manage strategic projects, small enhancements and tactical fixes throughout the software development Lifecycle within an architectural framework and strategy provided by the CTO & the Head of Software Architecture.
- Coach, mentor, and manage the performance and personal development of the team of Software Engineers.
- Champion best practice software development practices within the Agile (Scrum) framework utilised across the Engineering function.
- Participate in hiring and onboarding of new hires.
- Manage relations with third party suppliers of development services (such as external (near-shore) contractors).
- Substantial technical knowledge and managerial experience of leading teams of software developers.
- Collaborative and practical with a positive can-do attitude.
- Specialist level hands-on knowledge of Java software development (though this is largely a hands-off role), building large scale, high performance, high availability software applications.
- Vast experience working within an Agile environment.
- Experience delivering software solutions in a public-facing, highly available eCommerce environment
- Dev-Ops experience
- Experience in the following technologies/software:
- Unit testing technologies (e.g. JUnit)
- CI Development experience (e.g. Bamboo)
- Apache SOLR
- Oracle DB
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org