Role: Head of Software Engineering / Software Development Manager
Location: Flexible WFH with visits to Chelmsford, Essex Office when required
Salary: c£90k + Bonus + Benefits Package
Are you a Software Development Manager or Head of Software Engineering looking for your next exciting opportunity with an innovative Software vendor to support their ongoing growth acceleration? To be successful you will need to be technically gifted, able to mentor individuals and lead teams in the digital transformation and development of healthcare software applications in an agile environment.
As the Head of Software Engineering, you will report to the CTO and be responsible for managing the development teams to produce high-quality software within agreed budgets & timescales in line with product and technical strategies to that ensure customer satisfaction. You will also be responsible for providing direction and line management support to direct reports including;
- Technical Leads
- Software Engineers
- Product Owners
- Solution Architects
- Integration Specialists
- Quality Assurance
As the Head of Software Engineering you will ensure collaborative development and delivery of high quality solutions and assist in leading on all aspects of technical delivery such as:
- Monitoring & reporting against the development team’s workload.
- Ensuring the accurate estimate production.
- Work with system architects, Product Manager, DevOps & developers to advise on estimated effort, resource requirements and technical implications.
- Guidance on opportunities of improvement & innovation.
- Development & monitoring of processes to ensure adherence to ISO27001, ISO9001 and other ISO standards.
- Assistance with expanding product/portfolio offerings to support customer & market requirements.
You must be able to provide examples of previous work where you have demonstrated the following capabilities:
- 15+ yrs experience in software design and development.
- Previous proven successful experience in a similar role.
- Programme and project management, Agile & Waterfall.
- Open Source and .NET technologies.
- REST APIs familiarity.
- Machine Learning & Big Data exposure.
- Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation.
- Understanding non-functional concerns for customers and has experience incorporating these into the application design.
- Has experience with public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS offerings.
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery.
- Experience mentoring and coaching members of your team.
- A proven track record of keeping up to date with latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Experience in driving consistent standards and approaches throughout the team.
- Knowledge of Information Governance requirements e.g. working knowledge of GDPR.
- Familiarity with best practice standards such as ISO9001, ISO27001, BS10008.
- HTML 5
- NoSQL Database experience
- REST API’s
- Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning experience
- Healthcare Software experience & delivery of Software to the NHS
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org