Role: Health & Safety Advisor
Benefits: Up to £48,500 + Bonus and more
Location: Kent, Sussex or Hampshire (Hybrid)
Are you an experienced health & safety professional currently looking for an opportunity within a nationally known utilities company? Our client are currently on the lookout for a permanent health & safety advisor who will be able to come in and make an impact from day one.
There has never been a better time to join this company as the organisation continues to build and aim towards generating long lasting effects on our environment.
- Provide health and safety competent guidance to all parts of the business including Operations, Facilities and Engineering & Construction, ensuring company personnel and contractors operate safely, adhere with legal requirements, and follow the health and safety policies and procedures set by the organisation.
- Proactively advise functional areas of the business on all aspects of health and safety, including compliance with applicable regulation and industry best practice, coordinating with enforcing authorities and professional groups to ensure currency.
- Supervise the grading and management of hazards identified by staff.
- Manage investigations to ensure effective root cause analysis and effective execution of preventative and corrective actions is conducted, reporting statistical information as required.
- Lead and undertake appropriate inspections, site, and assurance visits, focusing on high and medium risk sites.
- Write reports for delivery to the H&S Manager of the relevant business area.
- Observe performance against the safety, health, and wellbeing objectives, standards, processes, and practices.
- Assist in the review and agreement of safe systems of work and risk assessments where there is a significant risk to safety and environment.
- Provide assurance reviews of critical incidents.
- Increase health and safety competence of managers and staff in the business through coaching and guidance, highlighting training opportunities to ensure staff remain current and competent health and safety practices.
- Attend design/progress meetings and undertake site audits/inspections during construction works.
- In depth knowledge of HSE legislation, best practice, and its practical application.
- Experience in an advisory capacity on health & safety matters, preferably in a utility, facilities, construction, or critical national infrastructure environment, ideally with some process safety experience.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or NEBOSH Certificate level.
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
- AIOSH, TechIOSH or GradIOSH qualified and be working towards CMIOSH, with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of isolations/permits, manual handling, street works, legionella, asbestos, chemical, statutory inspections, machinery safety, and/or CDM.
- Expert knowledge of the following disciplines: Fire Safety, Asbestos management, CDM, ATEX, DSEAR, Pressure Systems, LOLER & Lifting Systems and Oil Storage.
- Working knowledge of Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 Package.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com