Job Description: Senior ICT Infrastructure Analyst (3rd Line Support)
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: Up to £60k + Benefits Package & Overtime
Are you an experienced and hands on Senior Infrastructure Analyst with strong 3rd Line Support and escalation experience? You must be a Very good all-rounder with in-depth knowledge of various technologies including networking, infrastructure, Server 2012 R2 onwards, Azure Cloud, SAN, Citrix, Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, Antivirus, PowerShell etc. You will form part of an established team but must be able to work autonomously and with demonstrable experience of scoping, owning and implementing complex infrastructure projects. You must hold a full UK drivers’ license and have your own car as there will be a requirement to visit other offices on occasion.
The role will involve supporting the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as project based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment. The ICT Infrastructure Analyst will have a solid background working within a busy IT team, experience in designing and implementing technical solutions, supporting servers, desktops, and operating systems. The ICT Infrastructure Analyst must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. Depending on projects and tasks, the individual will be required to be available for queries outside office hours. In addition, as part of this role the individual will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
- Planning and recommending enhancements to ensure that IT capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Managing IT projects to meet predefined objectives.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of all production systems.
- Work within a team to deliver to agreed SLAs.
- Investigate complex service problems, recommend solutions and follow formal procedures to plan, test and implement proposed solutions.
- Support of Windows Server based applications.
- Mentor & provide support to the team.
- Liaise with external support providers through to resolution.
- Assist Management with departmental budgets.
- Evaluate and recommend system upgrades to support the business.
- Create and maintain operational procedure documentation.
- Out of hours escalation support.
- Handle escalated support tickets.
- Administer and maintain the:
- corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls and email system
- cloud services, including Azure, Microsoft 365, Mimecast, 8×8, Sophos Central and any associated on-premises integrations.
- corporate Storage Area Network
- VMware vSphere Infrastructure
- Citrix XenDesktop Infrastructure
- operating system and software deployment solution
- backup and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Automation using scripting technologies such as PowerShell
- Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers
- Ensure corporate governance and security standards are adhered to by the team
- Highly motivated individual – a ‘self-starter’ with ability to achieve results
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload effectively
- Manage and develop relationships with both internal business and external customers and suppliers
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passionate about technology
- Team player mentality
- Strong customer focus
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 and later
- Excellent knowledge of VMware vSphere in an enterprise environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2016+
- Good knowledge of Microsoft MDT including software/ operating system deployment
- Good knowledge, experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and VLANs
- Good Knowledge of backup systems
- Microsoft Azure suite including Azure AD, Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Intune and hybrid
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems
- Problem Resolution
- Document Scoping and Report Writing
- Previous experience of supporting bespoke applications
- Managing the Request for Change life cycle
- Track record of implementing application upgrades and testing
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org