Role: Infrastructure Engineer / Linux System Administrator
Salary: £45k + 5-10% bonus scheme + significant benefits package
Location: 100% Remote or Hybrid with your base as Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Are you proficient working with Red Hat Linux System seeking your next opportunity with a leading Healthcare Software Vendor?
In this role, it will be your responsibility to deliver to underlying functionality that makes an end customer experience appear slick and fluent. You will provide specialist Linux expertise when installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting network issues.
- Linux System Administration experience – Red Hat/RHEL, CentOS or similar
- VMware & vSphere
- Installation, upgrade and maintenance of MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL etc.
- Automation of tasks using scripting tools such as Ansible to improve efficiency
- Maintenance and monitoring using Zabbix, Nagios (or equivalents)
- Experience of Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Experience of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure etc)
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship
- Installing and maintaining RedHat Enterprise servers
- Analysing, developing, interpreting, and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration, and integration of computer systems
- Installation, upgrade, and maintenance of MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- Automating tasks using scripting tools such as Ansible to improve efficiency
- Maintaining and using monitoring systems such as Zabbix, Nagios (or equivalents)
- Developing and maintaining operations services including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Assessing and recommending improvements to applications, software, communications, and operating systems
- Providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for system applications and resolution of faults, enhancements and modifications to applications, and maintenance instructions
- Managing and optimising server and network attached storage.
- Take part in out of hours on-call if need arises
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Search Terms: RHEL, RHL, Red Hat, Linux, Software, Zabbix, Nagios, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, RedHat, Install, AWS, Azure, VMware, vSphere, CentOS. Ansible
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org