- Role – ITAM / CMDB Analyst
- Salary – £35-40K base plus benefits
- Location – Manchester
The primary role of the Senior ITAM Analyst is to be the guardian of all assets, documentation, CIs registered within the Asset Management System. In addition, to manage the processes and procedures required to maintain accuracy of the IT Asset Database and the CMDb.
- Develops and implements Configuration and Asset Management standards, policies and procedures.
- Disseminate configuration item standards for object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases and templates standards to developers and configuration system users for each CMDB iteration.
- Proposes assets/CIs to be uniquely identified for each CMDB implementation iteration, adhering to naming conventions documented in the Configuration Management Policy. Agrees them with the ITAM Manager with a view to populating CMDB with assets and CIs, to ensure new transitions are successful.
- Create CI maps in conjunction with the ITAM Manager.
- Provide Configuration Documentation for that CMDB implementation iteration
- Ensure that standard operating procedures relating ITAM Management are completed and distributed to users for each CMDB iteration.
- Supports the process by which relationships are created and updated in the CMDB, such as key IT and business services and applications to servers and databases.
- Understands best practices and determines optimized procedures for updating CI data including the use of automated processes, discovery tools/integrations with other data sources, and manual input processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement best practice standards, policies and procedures for planning, recording, monitoring and the maintenance of software and hardware assets.
- Manages the success metrics and monitoring of Configuration Management and Asset Management processes.
- Responsible for report generation including configuration status, license consumption, license entitlement, warranty, and other IT asset reporting.
- Provides coaching and conducts training for CMDB stakeholders to ensure appropriate understanding of the Configuration and Asset Management system and its relationship to Change Management and other key IT processes.
- Collaborates with other IT process owners and functional areas (e.g. Change Management, Problem Management, Risk Management etc.)
- Evaluates industry innovations, maturity, trends, and changes regularly to plan and recommend new strategies.
- Assists auditors to audit the activities of the ITAM team for compliance with current procedures; ensures corrective action is carried out.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com