Position: Java Development Lead
Location: London (hybrid working)
Benefits: Up to £95,000 DOE + Benefits
Are you a proactive experienced developer looking for an opportunity within a globally recognised company? Our client is market leading company within the data space and are currently on the lookout for a Java Development Lead to scale the team. They work with businesses from a large number of industries in order to grow and assist in decision making.
As a Development Lead you will be working in conjunction with other Development Leads, Product Managers, Software Architects, and Senior Software Engineers with the aim of shaping and implementing the technology and people vision of the team that will push the company’s key initiatives forward.
- Manage, lead and mentor a high performing, engaged development team.
- Line management for a team of 3-5 people.
- Owning the technical output of the team.
- Leading key projects and capabilities end-to-end.
- Point of contact for strong and direct relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adopt newer technologies, innovate with new solutions and embrace new deployment and monitoring practices.
- Integrating data to third-party platforms.
- Handling high volume batch delivery data services.
- Serving API data services directly.
- Previous experience owning the technical productivity of a software development team.
- Line managed and coached software engineers.
- Recruited and onboarded software engineers.
- Owned high value, complex projects with a robust delivery focus.
- Worked effectively using agile development practices as an agile lead.
- Skilled in producing performance critical, scalable and resilient software in a service-oriented and loosely connected manner.
- Proficient in effectively managing an eco-system of applications on production environments with the use of modern CI/CD practices.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create effective professional relationships.
- Primarily Java 11+, Spring
- Oracle, Postgres
- Jenkins, Artifactory, Dynatrace, Maven, Docker, SonarQube
- AWS EKS
- Apache Kafka, Kafka streams
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com