Role: Junior Infrastructure Consultant (or Cyber)
Location: Remote based with meetings twice per month in Manchester
Salary: £35-45k + Bonus, Pension & Healthcare
Are you an IT or Cyber Security Graduate with 2+ years of commercial experience looking for an exciting opportunity with a dynamic Cyber Security Consultancy who can offer autonomy and a variety of interesting remote based work? You may have completed a Graduate programme for a large organisation and decided you’d prefer to be an integral part of a smaller but successful and growing business or simply have a few years infrastructure administration experience and be looking for more challenging work.
Our client is a Cyber Security Consultancy based in the Northwest and due to growth require an Operating System agnostic (Windows, MacOS or Linux) Junior Infrastructure Consultant. As a business, they provide:
o patch management
o vulnerability management
o product engineering
o project management/transformation.
To be successful you’ll:
- Have the opportunity to learn from experienced engineers.
- Need an interest in technology/security and like to solve problems for customers.
- Be comfortable being remote based but be prepared to travel on occasion
- Have experience in administering commonly used operating systems such as Windows, macOS, or Linux
- Have knowledge of fundamental cybersecurity concepts, such as authentication, authorization, encryption, and security best practices (and be able to troubleshoot these)
- Have the ability to create and maintain documentation, including standard operating procedures, system configurations, and reporting
- At least 2 Years IT Infrastructure Administration experience ideally with a large financial organisation or Bank
- Scripting and Automation: understand, write and execute scripts or use automation tools to streamline processes. Familiarity with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, or Python, and automation tools such as Ansible or Chef.
- Networking: have an understanding of basic networking concepts, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and firewall rules.
- Familiarity with Patching and Vulnerability Management concepts, practices, and tools
- Preferred: Tanium Platform Knowledge including an understanding of the Tanium platform and features, functionalities, and capabilities. (or another systems management tool)
Search Terms: Junior Infrastructure Consultant, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Troubleshooting, Administration, Active Directory, AD, AAD, Azure AD, Tanium, Cyber Security, Scripting, Bash, Python, PowerShell, Security fundamentals, authentication, authorization, encryption, and security best practices
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org