Role: Junior SQL DBA
Location: Hybrid, Sheffield West Yorkshire (WFH and attend office flexibly when required)
Rate: £150-250 dependent on experience, per day (Inside IR35)
Term: 12 months
Our client are a major IT Services outsourcer who require a Junior Microsoft SQL Server DBA to work with a Senior DBA to Support SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments from development to production.
- Support senior DBA in the Monitoring of the security, health and performance of the SQL estate to deliver reliability and resilience.
- Support senior DBA with Providing problem resolution end-to-end, analysing and solving issues in real-time to mission critical systems.
- Support senior DBA with Refining and automating business-as-usual dataflow processes.
- Maintaining operational and technical support documentation as appropriate within your job spec.
- Support senior DBA Performing scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of core hours.
- Support senior DBA Proactive monitoring and tuning of SQL instances and databases to help in identifying underlying problems affecting the reliability and performance of applications.
- Support senior DBA Deliver projects in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally managed.
- Support senior DBA to Assist in developing policies and future strategies in line with business requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- knowledge of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, T-SQL.
- knowledge of SSMS, SSRS and Visual Studio Data Tools
- Experience of UCMDB an advantage.
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills.
- Flexible; duties may demand evening and weekend work.
As you will be supporting the Senior SQL DBA, this contract will provide an excellent opportunity to progress & develop your skills.
Search Terms: Junior SQL DBA, SQL Server DBA, MS SQL Database Administrator, SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, T-SQL, SSMS, SSRS and Visual Studio Data Tools, UCMDB
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com