Job: On-site 2nd Line Support Engineer (12-month FTC)
Salary: £32k – £34K
Location: On-site, Slough, Berkshire – Parking available – Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:30pm
Eligibility: Must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa sponsorship or restrictions
Benefits: Pension 5% matched, after 3 years goes up to 7% matched, sickness cover 4 weeks full pay then 4 weeks half pay, Life assurance, Dental insurance, PMI + Comprehensive soft benefits package
Are you an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer with On-site technical support experience looking for your next opportunity with a well known MSP? You must be well presented with excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude who enjoys helping end users resolve issues. You must also be process driven.
What you will be doing:
- Provide on-site services for clients; provide technical support for the End User Technology environment, which includes desktop computing and corporate IT services.
- on-site basic hardware support, PC and laptop imaging, Helpdesk, Desktop support, VC support, Printer support, Installations, moves and changes, and 1st / 2nd line support.
- Ability to work independently and remotely on a variety of products; required to execute on-site installations and troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment.
- The ability to follow documented procedures provided by the company or the customer; the ability to respond to changes in processes even when documentation has not been updated. Ability to adjust procedures and documents as needed for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Dedicated to personal development; actively participates in management appraisals and training. Seeking opportunities to expand and enhance skill sets in accordance with personal goals and organisational requirements.
- Broad knowledge of hardware maintenance and repair
- A sound theoretical and practical approach to problem diagnosis capability to work independently on a variety of products
You Should have:
- Ability to demonstrate skills and expertise in a relevant technology area.
- Certifications from a college, university, or professional organization
- already have one or more of the following:
- CompTIA A+/N+, MCDST, and ITIL Foundation v4 certifications
- Possess or be studying for one or more of the following certifications: ACA; MCSA; CCNA; VTSP.
- A genuine ‘Team Player’ with a positive attitude and effect on others.
- Methodical and quality-conscious, with a first-time right approach to every task.
- Enthusiastic, professional, and always ‘can-do’ attitude
- Communicates truthfully, freely, and consistently, paying close attention to detail and keeping calm and patient under pressure.
- Recognise when it is necessary to seek assistance.
- Works independently or as part of a team to achieve agreed-upon common goals.
- Always be open, honest, and approachable.
- Be adaptable in terms of working hours and location; be willing to travel.
- On time, dependable, and well-presented
Search Terms: Onsite Engineer, L2 Engineer, L1 Engineer, Helpdesk, Desktop, VC Support, Printer Support, Installations, 1st/2nd line Support, setting up Users, First and Second Line, ServiceDesk, Imagining, Laptop, PC, Desktop Support, Device MDM, Intune, Mobile phone, iPad.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org