Job: On-site 2nd Line Support Engineer (12-month rolling FTC)
Salary: £32k + Benefits Package. Overtime, Training & Certification
Location: On-site, Middlesbrough TS2 – Parking available
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:30pm with occasional overtime offered
Eligibility: Must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa sponsorship or restrictions
Benefits: Pension 5% matched, after 3 years goes up to 7% matched, sickness cover 4 weeks full pay then 4 weeks half pay, Life assurance, Dental insurance, PMI + Comprehensive soft benefits package
Are you an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer with On-site technical support experience looking for your next opportunity with a well known MSP? You must be well presented with excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude who enjoys helping end users resolve issues. You must also be process driven.
- Varied on-site IT Support for the End User Technology environment, which includes desktop computing and corporate IT services.
- Basic hardware support, PC and laptop imaging, Helpdesk, Desktop support, VC support, Printer support, Installations, moves and changes, and 1st / 2nd line support.
- Ability to work independently and remotely on a variety of products; required to execute on-site installations and troubleshooting on a variety of products in a software or hardware environment.
- The ability to follow documented procedures provided by the company or customer; the ability to respond to changes in processes even when documentation has not been updated.
- Ability to adjust procedures and documents as needed for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Dedicated to personal development; actively participates in management appraisals and training. Seeking opportunities to expand and enhance skill sets in accordance with personal goals and organisational requirements.
- Broad knowledge of hardware maintenance and repair
- A sound theoretical and practical approach to problem diagnosis capability to work independently on a variety of products
- Ability to demonstrate skills and expertise in a varied technology areas. PC & Laptop Support, Application Support, Active Directory Administration, MDM/Intune, Imaging, Installs, moves adds and changes, basic IT project work
- Certifications from a college, university, or professional organization
- Ideally some/all of the following: CompTIA A+/N+, MCDST, and ITIL Foundation v4 certifications
- Possess or interest in studying for one or more of the following certifications: ACA; MCSA; CCNA; VTSP.
- A genuine ‘Team Player’ with a positive attitude and effect on others.
- Methodical and quality-conscious, with a first-time right approach to every task.
- Enthusiastic, professional, and always ‘can-do’ attitude
- Communicates truthfully, freely, and consistently, paying close attention to detail and keeping calm and patient under pressure.
- Recognise when it is necessary to seek assistance.
- Works independently or as part of a team to achieve agreed-upon common goals.
- Always be open, honest, and approachable.
- Be adaptable in terms of working hours and location; be willing to travel.
- On time, dependable, and well-presented
Search Terms: 2nd Line Support, Desktop Support, Application Support, Active Directory, End User Support, Intune, Imaging, MDM, A+, N+, MCDST, Hardware Support
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org