Linux Systems Administrator (Red Hat Linux, RHEL)
Salary: c£50,000 + c£3.5k on-call plus Overtime
Benefits: 10% Bonus Scheme, Pension, PMI, Income Protection, Life Insurance.
Location: WFH / Hybrid visiting Mansfield Office up to 2 days a week (outside COVID19)
Preference for immediately available candidates or those with short notice periods.
Are you an experienced Linux Systems Administrator seeking your next opportunity with a leading Healthcare Software Vendor?
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will work remotely as part of a 5-man team supporting and securing the company’s server and cloud infrastructure, providing specialist technical capability and guidance to numerous teams throughout the business.
- Linux System Administration experience – Red Hat/RHEL, CentOS.
- VMware, clustering & VSphere.
- Scripting and Automation ideally using Ansible.
- Monitoring using Zabbix.
- Experience of Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing, developing, interpreting, and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration, and integration of computer systems.
- Responsible for VMware cluster using VSphere and take complete responsibility for platform upgrades, maintenance, system administration, workflow development, creating and removing VMs and all other work in the environment.
- Installing and maintaining RedHat Enterprise servers.
- Using scripting tools such as Ansible to improve efficiency.
- Maintaining and using monitoring systems such as Zabbix (or equivalents).
- Developing and maintaining operations services including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
- Recommending improvements to applications, software, communications, and operating systems.
- Providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting system problems and emergencies.
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, and administering new / upgraded software applications and servers.
- Providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements.
- Participating in the evaluation of new equipment and conduct server installation and configuration.
- Conducting problem analysis and resolving server software and hardware problems.
- Managing and optimising server and network attached storage.
- Performing server and security audits, and system backups and recovery using tools such as Veeam.
- Experience of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure etc).
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Search Terms: Linux, Systems Administrator, Red Hat, RHEL, Zabbix, Automation, Ansible, VSphere, CentOS, VMware, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com