Microsoft Technical Specialist (Server Operations & Support)
Location: Mansfield (WFH where possible during outbreak)
Salary: £38-43k + £2k Bonus + Benefits
Start: Safe Onboarding ASAP despite Covid 19
Do you have strong Microsoft Server operations administration, deployment and troubleshooting experience and are you looking for a challenging opportunity with a successful and growing business with an international reach?
Our client provide leading software platforms within the Healthcare sector, supplying Radiology and Maternity information management solutions to public and private sector healthcare organisations including NHS trusts throughout the UK.
The successful applicant for the following post will be flexible, organised, collaborate effectively with other team members, possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working for a modern high tech and high-profile company.
You will be based within our office in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
Microsoft Technical Specialist
As a Microsoft Technical Specialist you will be responsible for the Microsoft deployments that are delivered to our customers, ensuring that these deployments/services meet service levels and are implemented to best practice standards. You will also be expected to assist in problem resolution, both performance and availability issues. You will need strong MS Windows Server and SQL server skills as well as a good understanding of general IT Infrastructure.
- Standardise and automate deployments where possible
- Ensure backup processes meet RPO /RTO and implement rigorous testing routines to prove it
- Optimise MS Server side components
- Troubleshoot service outages in and out of hours
- MS Windows Server Application implementation and troubleshooting
- Assisting in pre-sales technical discussions
- Some travel may be required as part of system installations and fault fixes or investigation
- Investigate faults with SQL Reports and develop new SQL Server Reporting Services Reports (SSRS)
- Work closely with support / project teams to aid in call reduction and problem management
- Maintain best practice documentation
- Perform day to day management of the Microsoft Technical Services call stack
- Review and manage RFC’s
- Assist with pre-sales
Technical Knowledge Required by this role is as mentioned below:
The applicant must have strong technical expertise in the following or equivalent technologies:
- Microsoft Server Technologies
- High availability technologies
- Server/storage infrastructure
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- PowerShell Scripting
Key qualities are:
- Professional and courteous to reinforce a professional opinion of the company in all communications with customers
- Ability to tailor language style dependant on the technical knowledge of the person being spoken to
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual possessing the ability to work under their own initiative and take ownership of technical issues
- Excellent team working
- Professional attitude and positive outlook.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and working environments.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to provide clear and accurate documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage in clear and open interaction with a wide range of technical / clinical and nontechnical / nonclinical people of varying seniority.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicting views or interests in a constructive and professional manner.
ORGANISATIONAL & ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Capable of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org