Role: Network Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Onsite at Camden, London 4-5 days per week
Term: 6 Months, inside IR35
Rate: £325-350 per day + On-call (1 in 4, £550 per week on-call allowance + £100 per hour O/T)
Are you an enthusiastic Network Infrastructure Engineer with in-depth skills and ability to support a wider network team in the management of the on-premise and cloud network platforms? You will be required for BAU, patching, Project & maintenance work and must have strong skills in Meraki, Checkpoint, Cisco, Aruba and Azure Networking.
Our client is a MSP and the role is working on-site for their end-user client who are a well-known e-commerce fashion retailer. You must have a strong foundation in networking and exposure to Azure networking. You must have depth of knowledge and experience (min 2 years) in network automation, traditional networking and cloud environments.
To be successful you must be proficient in best practices and design of enterprise network, security and cloud architectures covering WAN, LAN, Wireless, Internet, Network Security, Azure and Network Monitoring.
- CCNA OR CCNP certified or equivalent experience
- CCSA certified or equivalent experience
- Meraki CMNO certified or equivalent experience
- Aruba certification and/or experience
- Azure Administrator experience and/or certification
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of Cisco Routing and Switching product platforms and technologies; 3700s, 4500s, 6800s, 9300s, Nexus 9300s.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of layer 2 and 3 protocols; MST, PVST, Rapid-PVST, dot1q, UDLD, VSS, VRFs, layer 3 routing protocols with emphasis on OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of security products and technologies; Checkpoint enterprise appliances, Cloudguard IAAS, Meraki MXs.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of the full suite of Meraki Wireless & Switching platforms and supported technologies.
- Practical experience of administration of Internet and WAN services; MPLS, Leased Lines and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- Exposure to Azure Networking with focus on EXPRESSROUTE, Azure VPN, Azure Firewall, deployment, and management of Checkpoint NVA, all based on a strong understanding of Azure fundamentals.
- Practical experience in the administration of LogicMon and ThousandEyes or other similar network monitoring tools for availability, performance and capacity management.
- Experience of utilizing Wireshark type tools for analysing packet captures when troubleshooting issues.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers, partners, managed services and vendors for delivery of services, escalations or issue resolution.
Ideally you will be:
- Proactive, self-managing, with an ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and with changing business requirements.
- Automation mindset, always looking for opportunities to automate where possible.
- Very good knowledge of best practices and design of enterprise network, security and cloud architectures covering WAN, LAN, Wireless, Internet, Network Security, Azure and Network Monitoring.
- Very good knowledge of networking fundamentals, supported with a strong understanding of protocols across all layers of the OSI model, particularly layers 2 and 3.
- Very good knowledge of routing and switching platforms and technologies across Cisco and Meraki utilising IOS and NXOS.
- Good knowledge of security platforms and technologies, including appliances and NVAs across Checkpoint and Meraki.
- Good knowledge of wireless platforms and technologies spanning Meraki and Aruba solutions.
- Good knowledge of Azure fundamentals and networking architectures.
- Good ability to troubleshoot network issues, working through packet captures.
- Good knowledge of load balancing and remote access solutions and technologies.
- Good understanding of network monitoring platforms.
- Good knowledge of security threat management concepts and technologies, including AMP, IDS & IPS.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology with a very good understanding of Request Fulfilment, Incident, Problem & Change Management.
Search Terms: Network Engineer, Routing Switching, Firewalls, Wireless, Meraki, Checkpoint, Cisco, Aruba, Azure Networking.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com