Role: Network Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Camden, London onsite 4-5 days per week
Term: 6 Months, inside IR35
Rate: £275-325 per day + On-call (1 in 4, £550 pm + £100ph O/T)
Are you an enthusiastic Network Infrastructure Engineer looking to be responsible for supporting the wider network team in the management of the on-premise and cloud network platforms? You will be required for BAU, patching work and must have exposure across Meraki, Checkpoint, Cisco, Aruba and Azure in your technical skillsets.
Our client is a well-known e-commerce fashion retailer. In this role you must have a very good foundation in networking and exposure to Azure, someone who is eager to strengthen their knowledge, utilise automation and be an expert in traditional networking and cloud environments.
- CCNP certified or equivalent experience
- CCSA certified or equivalent experience
- Meraki CMNO certified or equivalent experience
- Aruba certification and/or experience
- Azure Administrator experience and/or certification
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of Cisco Routing and Switching product platforms and technologies; 3700s, 4500s, 6800s, 9300s, Nexus 9300s.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of layer 2 and 3 protocols; MST, PVST, Rapid-PVST, dot1q, UDLD, VSS, VRFs, layer 3 routing protocols with emphasis on OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of security products and technologies; Checkpoint enterprise appliances, Cloudguard IAAS, Meraki MXs.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of the full suite of Meraki Wireless & Switching platforms and supported technologies.
- Practical experience of administration of Internet and WAN services; MPLS, Leased Lines and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- Exposure to Azure Networking with focus on EXPRESSROUTE, Azure VPN, Azure Firewall, deployment, and management of Checkpoint NVA, all based on a strong understanding of Azure fundamentals.
- Practical experience in the administration of LogicMon and ThousandEyes or other similar network monitoring tools for availability, performance and capacity management.
- Experience of utilizing Wireshark type tools for analysing packet captures when troubleshooting issues.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers, partners, managed services and vendors for delivery of services, escalations or issue resolution.
Ideally you will be:
- Proactive, self-managing, with an ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and with changing business requirements.
- Automation mindset, always looking for opportunities to automate where possible.
- Very good knowledge of best practices and design of enterprise network, security and cloud architectures covering WAN, LAN, Wireless, Internet, Network Security, Azure and Network Monitoring.
- Very good knowledge of networking fundamentals, supported with a strong understanding of protocols across all layers of the OSI model, particularly layers 2 and 3.
- Very good knowledge of routing and switching platforms and technologies across Cisco and Meraki utilising IOS and NXOS.
- Good knowledge of security platforms and technologies, including appliances and NVAs across Checkpoint and Meraki.
- Good knowledge of wireless platforms and technologies spanning Meraki and Aruba solutions.
- Good knowledge of Azure fundamentals and networking architectures.
- Good ability to troubleshoot network issues, working through packet captures.
- Good knowledge of load balancing and remote access solutions and technologies.
- Good understanding of network monitoring platforms.
- Good knowledge of security threat management concepts and technologies, including AMP, IDS & IPS.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology with a very good understanding of Request Fulfilment, Incident, Problem & Change Management.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com