City of London
Position: Principal Platform Engineer
Location: York or London (Hybrid working)
Benefits: Up to £90,000 DOE + Bonus and more
Are you an experienced proactive Platform Engineer looking for an opportunity within a globally recognised company? Our client are market leads within the insurance space and are currently on the lookout for a Principal Platform Engineer to scale and drive the team.
As a Principal Platform Engineer, you will take ownership of our Cloud Platform and the DevOps tools that are used to support the efficient definition, delivery, and operability of the company cloud infrastructure and applications. By adopting a product mindset, you will actively contribute to the direction and development of the platform, balancing the needs of its consumers with our own initiatives. You are passionate about sharing knowledge and best practice through standards, repeatable solutions and guidelines to improve the team’s adoption of the platform to improve organisation software delivery performance.
- Create, deliver, maintain and support the elements of the core cloud and DevOps platform.
- Coordinate with senior engineers and Cloud Solution Architects to provide guidance and oversight of the cloud core platform.
- Demonstrate and make significant contributions to the fundamental repository of standards, guidelines and solutions, and the core code and automation.
- Uncover and remove technical debt as part of a continuous improvement work ethic.
- Be the support escalation point for the 3rd line cloud infrastructure support provider.
- Mentor other members of the platform team.
- Offer guidance and expertise to the DevOps community.
- Drive decision making across different teams and disciplines.
- 5+ years Azure cloud engineering experience.
- 5+ years experience working with DevOps principles, practices and tools.
- Can demonstrate the application of DevSecOps principles and practises to your work
- Is a knowledgeable, personable and effective communicator (both verbally and written).
- Strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and objective facilitation skills.
- An understanding of the following tools – Terraform, Azure CLI, PowerShell, ARM, Azure DevOps, Puppet, Docker and Kubernetes. Knowledge of Bamboo and Bitbucket would be a bonus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated and demonstrable ability to stay current with the latest cloud technologies, trends, best-practise and security that can promote the Cloud and DevOps Platform.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org