Role: 5 x Regional Business Development Manager (Med-Tech/Healthcare)
Location: Remote based. All regions
Salary: To £45k-55k + 10-50% Bonus + Benefits Package
Are you a highly-motivated, energetic and ambitious business development manager with experience selling into public and private sector healthcare, looking to join an expanding commercial team, to help generate new sales leads and expand a network of regional contacts, while serving a rapidly expanding sales pipeline?
Roles and responsibilities:
- Build strong networks of relationships, including clinical networks, that enable identification of opportunities to sell product(s)
- Organise client visits and product demonstrations and composing presentations
- Attend exhibitions, conferences and meetings to pursue sales targets
- Explore and develop new business channels within a dedicated region, generating new business opportunities through network of contacts
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the commercial and digital solutions teams to deliver product pitches
- Gather market and prospective client information from market research
- Identify new product opportunities by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors. Report key metrics and potential market opportunities directly to senior management
- Create client-specific value propositions using problem solving skills
- Working closely with clients to help build client-specific business cases
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver strategic business plans as part of coordinated commercial approach
- Maintain accurate record of active sales pipeline, working to deliver existing pipeline and overseeing delivery of new sales leads generated
- Regular review of sales performance and strategy in respect of targets
- Maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- 10- 50% annual bonus depending on targets hit and new business
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Travel expenses/ car allowance
- Possibility to grow or be considered for other opportunities within the company
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years business development or sales experience in healthcare sector
- Excellent understanding of the UK healthcare system
- Prior experience in healthcare technology industry (desirable)
- Clinical background is beneficial but not essential
- Great oral and written communication skills with the ability to compose presentations
- Driving licence or access to own car
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to working hours
- Willing to commit to regular regional and occasional national travel to pursue business development opportunities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and awareness of information governance requirements and data protection.
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
- Good understanding of market and competitor research techniques.
- Thorough understanding of evaluating digital healthcare products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain commercial relationships and networks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to use tact and diplomacy to achieve objectives.
- Able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own and others’ workloads to changing and often tight deadlines, maintaining composure at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-prioritise and adapt quickly. Ability to multitask, work efficiently under pressure, and deliver to deadlines.
Search Terms: Regional Business Development Manager, BDM, New Business Development, Med-Tech, Healthcare, Digital Health
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com