Senior Software Developer
You will be joining a friendly and dynamic international Development team, in the Technology function, based across the UK, Poland & Germany. The Software Development Team consists of 14 members and is responsible for the development of all bespoke software developed for the firm.
The team are involved in all aspects of software development, including participating in technical designs, implementation, and functional analysis for a variety of different projects & products.
This is a hands-on role for Senior Software Developer. You will be responsible for software design & development and bringing your experience to a team focused on driving towards Agile delivery.
There will be a strong element of interacting with our Innovation teams and Innovation Lawyers to provide creative input, helping them understand the art of the possible and influencing product vision and design of our systems.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a full stack developer is required together with an innovative but commercially orientated mindset.
Expectations of the role
- Hands-on Development – Responsible for the planning, designing, creation, amending, verification, testing and documentation of new and amended software components in order to ensure that all delivery targets are met and that we deliver agreed value to stakeholders.
- Innovation- Responsible for collaborating with our Innovation & Efficiency team, including Innovation Lawyers to research, ideate, prioritise, triage and facilitate the delivery of Proof of Concepts, Feasibility Studies and Rapid Application Development.
- Standards & Processes- Responsible setting, applying & maintaining our agreed software development and security standards and processes. Adopting and adapting software development lifecycle models based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from approaches.
- Planning – Responsible for planning and leading software construction activities for MVPs and working with seniors, peers & the business in crafting the technical vision.
- Stakeholder Management – Responsible for developing and building relationships across the team and beyond. Successfully gaining commitment and building trust from stakeholders
- Task Management – Responsible for own task management on work assignments, ensuring that requests are resourced appropriately and delivered in line with estimates.
- Continuous Improvement – Responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality service through continuous service improvement, leveraging the investment in products and people as well as evaluating new tools and/or ways of working.
- Budgeting – Responsible for tracking all time spent on your projects/programmes.
- CI/CD – Lead by example in the areas of automated unit, integration and acceptance tests to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Communication – Able to collaborate, communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross-functional teams as well as with stakeholders within the Business, including our Lawyers.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for driving and taking part in code reviews to assess overall code quality. Monitoring and evaluating to ensure successful completion of tasks and projects.
- Proficient in Software Development / programming with a broad experience of systems development throughout the lifecycle.
- Strong commercial awareness and continual drive to maximise delivery of business value.
- Effective & strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a large team located globally.
- A Self-learner with a passion to learn new technologies and to try new concepts and approaches.
- Previous experience using code versioning tools such as Azure DevOps/GIT.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices & tools with the ability to articulate the value of Agile.
- Proven ability in making decisions in time-critical situations.
- Pragmatic & results orientated.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of programming languages both front & backend such as .Net, C#, ASP.net, Angular, React, VBA, Java, SQL, Neo4J etc.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org