Role: Senior Software Engineer
Benefits: Up to £75,000 + more
Location: Manchester (Hybrid)
Are you a proactive developer looking for an opportunity within a nationally recognised company? Our client is market leading company within the travel domain and are currently on the lookout for a senior software engineer to scale the team.
The aim is to provide a clean and simple API to allow customers, internal and external, to manage products from multiple providers. Currently in the process of building new API’s, using .NET Core and Node to sit within a micro-service architecture, adopting the latest cloud technologies (AWS) and powered by CI/CD pipelines. The goal is to have the capability to rapidly onboard new products and suppliers as well as improve the maintenance and extensibility of existing services.
The senior engineers play a key role in influencing the technical direction of their teams and the broader engineering department. As a senior engineer you’ll be an advocate for software craftsmanship and quality practices, a mentor who helps other engineers to grow, and a clear communicator of technical detail to a non-technical audience. You’ll help drive the teams’ processes forward by promoting continuous improvement.
- Experience with C#, .NET Core, Node, Typescript
- Experience with AWS
- Very hands-on engineer and have a passion and love for technology.
- You have a strongly believe in producing high-quality, resilient services
- Able to adapt to new challenges rapidly
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to write good tests (including unit, integration, E2E and contract), and the test pyramid is at the core of the test strategies
- Proactive in seeking out and assessing emerging technologies and practices that can be beneficial to the platform
- Demonstrable experience in technical delivery and agile methodologies
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org