Senior Systems Software Engineer
London – Full time with 4 days a week in the office
Salary – £50k – £70k (D.o.E potential to go higher)
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Senior Systems Software Engineer to join a Global Law Firm, based in London and join their Information Services (IS) Team. This position would work closely with the Desktop & Endpoint Engineering, Architecture & Engineering, Network Operations and Communications teams to provide script and programmatic solutions to adopt new features in Azure and Office 365 automation as well as integration with new systems into their cloud platform.
This position would standardize the engineering inhouse software solutions such as: User onboarding and departure processes, Exchange migration and administration, Windows login and VPN scripts, Active Directory cleanup and administration, Azure server provisioning and automation and system integrations such as Zoom Phone.
- Develop PowerShell scripts to automate day to day tasks performed by the Desktop & Endpoint Engineering, Architecture & Engineering, Local IT and Service Desk teams.
- Integrate existing and new PowerShell scripts into other firm connected applications and services (e.g. ServiceNow, Aternity).
- Support Microsoft Infrastructure surrounding Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, and Office365.
- Act as the primary automation consultant to provide systems and applications integration advice and expertise as needed throughout the Firm and the department.
- Maintain existing custom in-house utilities written in C#, VB.NET and/or WPF, Python, Terraform.
- Design, document and train IT department staff on use of custom in-house automated solutions.
- Creates and executes test scripts and test plans as necessary to fully exercise the gamut of Firm’s application set.
- Designs and implements software deployment packages and scripts to ensure timely, consistent and successful deployment of new and updated software installations in a highly-diverse, international user environment.
- Improve and maintain onboarding and offboarding process, extending from identity, license and security entitlement, asset provisioning and full lifecycle management.
- Responsible for control and coordination of the release management process for the desktop.
- Periodically audit desktops to help ensure software licensing compliance.
- Read manuals, periodicals, technical reports and use online services to increase system knowledge and utilisation.
- Available to work outside of core office hours and weekends as required.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Experience:
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Worksite and other Firm applications.
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required.
- Demonstrated expert competency in PowerShell.
- Demonstrated competency in one (or more) scripting languages (e.g. VBScript, VBA, batch).
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g.: Visual Basic for Applications, VB. NET, C#).
- Fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating systems.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM formerly) SCCM.
- Familiarity with maintaining and configuring device & application configurations in Microsoft Intune.
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Distribute File System (DFS) replicating file shares.
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft deployment tools and their application in the enterprise (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Office Customisation Tool) and/or alternate third-party tools for deployment of core systems and applications (e.g.: Heroku, Chef, Puppet).
- 2+ years’ experience with creating, maintaining and updating PowerShell scripts.
- 5+ years’ experience with at least 3 Windows desktop operating system versions, application analysis, and Citrix published applications as well as support of at least 6 different desktop and laptop hardware devices.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong technical writing and documentation experience.
- Prior law firm experience.
Please note that only those with the right to work in the UK will be considered for this position. No sponsorship is available.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org