Position: Software Engineer (Java)
Location: Fully remote (will be based in London once company return to work with hybrid working)
Benefits: Up to £54,000 DOE + Benefits
Are you an experienced proactive Java Engineer looking for an opportunity within a globally recognised company? Our client is market leading company within the data space and are currently on the lookout for software engineers to scale the team. They work with businesses from a large number of industries in order to grow and assist in decision making.
This role would require an individual who is proactive in their approach, keen on getting stuck into projects and doesn’t need any micromanagement. As this is a new team being built within the company, they need individuals that can bring new inspiration as well as have the ability to interact and influence colleagues.
- Collaborate with architecture team to design components of the product suite.
- Assist with product release planning.
- Maintain and enhance existing software.
- Troubleshoot and repair product matters raised to the Development Team quickly and efficiently.
- Produce automated unit/low level integration tests to evaluate team deliverables and safeguard compatibility, stability, and quality.
- Strong Java design and software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of complex hierarchical data structures (i.e., JSON, XML etc).
- Knowledge of common datatypes and data transformation.
- Strong understanding of data transformation processes .
- Understanding of common data quality issues.
- Understanding of hierarchical and relational data processing including joining, filtering, and merging.
- Some automated functional testing experience (i.e., TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium).
- Understanding of programming and traversing graph structures.
- Experience of complex data transformation particularly with hierarchical data structures.
- General relational data theory and hierarchical theory.
- Optimising code to minimise memory and heap usage.
Keywords: Java, Software, Engineer, Engineering, Architecture, JSON, XML, Testing, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Data, TDD, BDD, JUnit,
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org