The developer role is part of the expanding Group Modelling IT team reporting in to the Delivery Manager and will involve working on a range of both new and established applications and platforms within the fast-paced world of Reinsurance Analytics, Capital Modelling and Catastrophe Modelling. These business-critical platforms run complex mathematical models against vast amounts of geospatial and reference data to provide key pricing information and ensure we can have a balanced global risk portfolio without being over-exposed to major catastrophes such as earthquakes, floods and hurricanes.
The role will be working in the thick of the core modelling platforms from the start, working closely with business users to implement changes and to provide BAU support for existing products & applications, each within different development ecosystems, as well as building new, bespoke applications.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, unit testing; deploying new solutions and enhancements to existing solutions. There will be exciting innovation opportunities to suggest & develop proofs of concept, as well as the typical business-critical BAU support activities.
Working closely with both IT and key business stakeholders makes this an exciting and varied role that will give the candidate a great opportunity to progress their career and gain fantastic experience with cutting-edge systems. With experience in the insurance sector, prior knowledge or a desire to learn about underwriting and modelling will go a long way.
- Prior experience working in a similar developer role within the financial services industry
- Solid skills in database and application design and development
- Strong development practice skills (code & configuration management, version control, build processes)
- Appreciation of design patterns and practices (e.g. Data Modelling)
- Ability to take the lead on technical workstreams, leading the estimate and design of end-to-end solutions alongside others as appropriate
- An expert problem-solver who can drive forward initiatives under their own steam
- Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to user acceptance testing and initial live running,
Core technology skills:
- .NET Framework 4.5 & 4.7 / .NET Standard / .NET Core 2.0 (C# 6 and later)
- SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016
Our nice to haves:
- Insurance industry-specific business knowledge (preferred)
- Project management tools like VSO / JIRA
- Good understanding of Software Configuration Management strategies and tools.
- Degree educated with a Mathematics background
- WPF with Prism, MVMM, TDD
- Multi-threaded, asynchronous programming experience (async await / TPL)
- SOA, WCF Web Services, Web API
- Excel VBA
- HTML5 / CSS3
- T-SQL / SQL Server 2014 and above
- Entity Framework / Dapper (or other ORM)
- nUnit / xUnit / Microsoft Test Framework
- GIT / VSTS
- OO & SOLID principles
- Design patterns and practices (GOF etc.)
- Salary – up to 70-80K + bonus
- Hybrid working mood – 1 day from the office in central London
- Parental leave
- Gym membership
- Healthcare benefits
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com