Solution Architect – Applications
Hybrid – 3 days per week on site
Are you an experienced Solution Architect who specialises in applications looking for a key role in financial services? You will be responsible for the overall design, aligning business goals with IT services, products and infrastructure – bridging the communication between IT and the business, creating the overall technical vision.
Focussing on software systems and applications to solve business problems, you will design, describe and manage the solution, bridge the gap between a business problem and the technology solution and outlines each of the phases and requirements required to make the solution work.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for enhancing and accelerating projects while ensuring the logical and physical architecture for a project aligns with the standards and reference architectures
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Take ownership of Application Architecture to support the Group Enterprise Architecture function (utilising LeanIX and other tooling).
- Demonstrate experience using software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes, application modelling techniques and application security industry best practices.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, Multi-tenancy, Virtualisation, Orchestration and Elastic Scalability).
- Provide Architectural oversight for applications or integrations hosted within cloud platforms such as Azure / AWS / SaaS and PaaS platforms
- Analyse the business-IT Application environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Effective communication skills to articulate complicated application strategies to Management and other senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes.
You will be an experienced Solution Architect who has specialist knowledge on IT applications including experience developing/documenting Architecture Roadmaps, Standards & Patterns, Business problems including Scope, Functional and Non-functional Requirements Solution Design as well as detailed architecture Blueprints.
You will have
- Specialist knowledge in at least two IT architecture domains, including Solutions Architecture, Business Architecture, Data Architecture, Application Architecture, Security Architecture, Cloud Architecture and Technical Architecture
- Knowledge of strategic and new emerging technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Excellent knowledge of the understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Detailed knowledge in application and solution development.
- Detailed knowledge of Cloud Based technologies using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Detailed knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) and NoSQL Programming.
- Detailed knowledge programming languages / frameworks such as .Net, C#, Java, Python.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, coding practices, micro services architecture and RESTful API services is essential.
- Detailed knowledge for developing / documenting Architecture Roadmaps, Standards & Patterns, and Business problems including Scope, Functional and Non-functional Requirements Solution Design as well as detailed architecture Blueprints is essential.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org