Role: SQL DBA
Salary: £75k + 10-15% Bonus
Location: Chatham- Hybrid (3 Days in office 2 days remote)
- Act as escalation point for operational support issues and remediation/root cause analysis
- Hands on technical implementation using technologies such as SQL queries and PowerShell scripting.
- Deploying reliable SaaS solutions through repeatable processes and automation where possible.
- Providing technical and business consulting after determining scope of the implementation and resource planning.
- Producing technical proposals and managing risks and bottlenecks
- Act as escalation point within Infrastructure for Data Classification and Data Masking. Working closely with Data Governance and Data Protection to ensure data is protected at all time.
- Taking ownership of progress projects and delivering through from conceptual to production. Work with developers on continuous integration
- Undertakes impact analysis in order to performance tune and implement fit-for-purpose solutions that meet business requirements
- Lead in the delivery of the Infrastructure strategy and associated milestones; including Backups, Restores, Alerting, and Monitoring
- Lead in the implementation and development of a data warehouse and new associated reporting technologies with support from the technology services team and external specialist consultants.
- Development and delivery of new reporting with MS Power BI and migration of existing reporting.
- Oversee the development of processes to improve data quality and validation to ensure data accuracy across all systems and associated reports.
- Develop and manage performance frameworks, reports and dashboards to provide proactive tuning and colleagues with effective reporting and insight into their operational delivery
- Lead, motivate and develop individuals and teams in a way that supports an inclusive culture and the values, behaviours and expectations of the organisation
- Database troubleshooting
- Participate in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support to the business
- 5+ years of experience of database development either for ETL / Data Warehousing /MI and/or application development projects
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server; including 2016 and above
- 5+ years of experience read and/or write stored procedures to understand system behaviour
- 5+ years of experience of enterprise SQL/DB Management in a complex medium to large organisation operating in a regulated sector
- 5+ years of experience of Managing a SaaS estate with SQL Availability groups, SQL Clustering, HA
- 3+ years of experience in developing integrations of Azure or AWS data platforms to various type of external systems with the ability to recommend approach and technology covering Data Warehousing.
- 5+ Previous experience within an Infrastructure Management role.
- 2 years previous experience of managing a successful IT team is essential , ideally with experience of remote management
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com