ROLE: Systems Administrator / 3rd Line Support
LOCATION: Berkshire with up to 3 days per week working from home
SALARY: £55-£65k plus benefits and on-call
ROLE TYPE: Permanent
Are you a Systems Administrator and 3rd Line Support Engineer experienced in back office administration, support and IT projects looking for your next exciting opportunity?
Our client is a cutting-edge telecoms and network service provider. In this growth opportunity you will be the Systems Administrator responsible for a variety tasks and projects to support their IT infrastructure requirements. You will report directly to the Technical Director and work closely with the technical support and network management teams.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in managing, specifying and supporting back office systems and production infrastructure. You will provide technical support to in-house teams and deliver support across the business. You will also mentor and train teams in IT best practice.
- Linux: able to install and operate a text mode Linux system
- Linux shell scripting
- Database exposure, specifically MySQL
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (M365) support
- Microsoft Active Directory/LDAP
- Remote Desktop setup and maintenance
- File sharing (Samba with user groups and permissions)
- Network Protocols: systems interaction over networks and how these systems can be diagnosed/ trouble shooted
- Knowledge of virtualisation systems. Hyper-V / VMware experience desirable
- Proactive team member
- Coaching/mentoring team members
- Self-managing and resourceful
- Skilled trouble shooter and logical thinker
- Able to review requirements in order to scope and manage updates/improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible to work within the UK and EU
- Able to provide out of hours/on call cover.
Search Terms: Systems Administrator / 3rd Line Support, Linux shell scripting, RDBMS, MySQL, O365, Active Directory, LDAP, Remote Desktop, Samba, TCP/IP, Hyper-V, VMware
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com