Position: Technical Engineer (Field)
Location: Surrey, Kent, Essex, Buckinghamshire or London
Benefits: £27,000 – £35,000 + Benefits
My client is a long-standing telecommunications company that provide a range of services for their 25,000+ customers across a variety of industries. They are currently on the lookout for a field technical engineer in order to scale the IT team and to provide efficient support and installations for customers onsite.
- Provide maintenance work on customers IT services updating case management and field service tools with work undertaken and completed.
- Provide installation and configuration services for a wide range of IT solutions.
- Provide high quality customer experience in relation to the installation or maintenance of a customer’s IT or Telephony services.
- Provide support for colleagues where required.
- Coordinate with the project management teams, 3rd Line Engineers and Service Desk Engineers on a regular basis.
- Audit and document client infrastructure.
- Support the delivery of small, medium, and large projects.
- Complete field fault visits to repair time-critical service or hardware failures.
- Work efficiently with the account management and service departments to manage projects.
- Prior experience in an IT or Telecom Support or Delivery role.
- Be able to work efficiently alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible as you may be required to adjust working hours or stayover on some larger project work.
- Must have a full valid UK driving license.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft technology stack including Windows Desktop, Windows Server, M365)
- Some experience in networking equipment including firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless technology.
- Some experience in cloud technologies such as M365, Azure, Intune, SharePoint)
- Some experience in voice technologies such as SIP, VOIP, ISDN or vendors including Gamma Horizon, LG IPECS or Mitel.
- A strong desire to grow and expand your technical knowledge and customer service skills.
- Experience in an IT or Telecom Managed Service environment.
- Relevant vendor or industry qualifications (Microsoft, Gamma, LG, Meraki, SonicWall, Aruba or Cisco).
- Have an active Microsoft certification.
- Previous experience in a Managed Service environment.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org