- You will provide technical leadership in a small team and help guide the organisation on its transformation journey. To do this you will use your knowledge and experience of various technologies both from a software and cloud/infrastructure perspective with a system thinking mindset.
- Work in a small team, including individuals who are new to good Engineering practices and DevOps concepts, building technical capability within the team and individuals while helping them mature in a DevOps culture.
- Demonstrate the value of good engineering practices in driving agility, such as continuous delivery, continuous integration, TDD, BDD and mob programming.
- Encourage automation and continuous delivery while working collaboratively within an Agile team helping facilitate technical decision-making in the team while creating a mentoring and coaching environment to help develop engineering capabilities
- Encourage knowledge sharing across engineering teams helping them deliver working software regularly and reliably while acting as a true servant leader to empower the team.
- Believe in a DevOps culture – we build and own the entire stack, and endeavour to automate as much as possible
- Help constantly inspect and adapt team practices
- Help create a culture of psychology safety, feedback and retrospectives to bring about measurable improvements in technical capability, using useful metrics to support continuous improvement such as DORA metrics.
- Understand The Citation Group’s vision and strategy ensuring technology choices and direction fit into wider priorities – actively contributing to and helping to drive forward the engineering practice.
- Automated testing, using tools such as MS Test, Junit, Spock, JMeter, Gatling, Selenium, Jest and Enzyme.
- Demonstrable experience of new technologies and know when it is appropriate to use them.
- Good understanding and experience of both architecture and infrastructure and why it is important to be aware of both as well as and the benefits of taking a microservices approach to development.
- Good understanding and experience of OO design, SOLID, Event-Driven architecture alongside experience of TDD, BDD and mob programming.
- Good understanding and experience of framework-agnostic development, knowing when to use frameworks and when not to alongside caching technologies.
We are also doing the following, so any knowledge in these areas would be great:
- Deploying multiple services to cloud-based infrastructure using CI/CD pipelines
- Monitoring our applications using the ELK stack
- Working with Azure, AWS, Kubernetes, Node.js, PHP, MySQL, Docker, Postgresql, Terraform, Ansible and friends…
- Fully remote position or you can work from the office(up to you, office location – Wilmslow)
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work,
- Gym membership discount,
- Childcare vouchers,
- Opportunity to purchase extra leave,
- Pension contributions and more.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org