Role: AWS Technical System Administrator
Location: Remote with occasional travel to customer sites if required
Salary: To 65k + 5-10% Bonus, Significant Benefits Package & Training
Eligibility: You must be a UK resident and able to work without sponsorship
Are you an experienced System Administrator with 5 years Associate level DevOps or architect AWS Cloud certification, skilled in insuring that deployed software products work effectively for customers? This is a great opportunity to progress into a Technical Management role. Our client is a leading, international software vendor who require a Technical Systems Administrator to support their continued growth and rollout of new products across their UK customer base.
- Analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex AWS Cloud system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of systems
- Supporting the deployment of services on the AWS public cloud. Knowledge of cloud architecture principals and deployment of IaC through tooling such as CloudFormation.
- Supporting the evaluation, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and administration of new and upgraded software applications
- Conducting problem analysis and resolving application problems
- Maintaining and extending our monitoring, metrics, and alerting systems using software Zabbix
- Developing and maintaining operations services including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Assessing and recommending improvements to applications, software, communications and operating systems
- Communicate clearly with Software development and Product teams
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for system applications and resolution of faults, enhancements and modifications to applications, and maintenance instructions
- Maintaining technologies (including user access, access policies, etc.) to ensure Application security and perform audits as required.
- Support and work closely with internal team
- Take part in out of hours on-call if need arises
- 5 years Associate level Dev/Ops or Architect AWS Cloud certification
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Strong experience in cloud platform services and administration. AWS preferred.
- Demonstrable experience supporting Red-Hat Linux infrastructure
- Experience of working with MariaDB/MySQL relational database
- Experience of VMWare and VSphere desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI desirable.
- Interest in application security or security exposure
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Any experience with other healthcare products desired.
- Experience with containerization and CI tooling desired
Search Terms: Technical Systems Administrator, Red Hat Linux, RHEL, vSphere, Zabbix, Jenkins, VMware, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Red-Hat Linux, VMWare and VSphere, MariaDB/MySQL, Microsoft Power BI, AWS, IaC, CloudFormation, Monitoring, Associate level DEV/OPS or architect AWS Cloud certification
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com