Role: AWS Technical System Administrator
Location: WFH/Remote with occasional travel to customer sites if required
Salary: Up to £65k + 5-10% bonus, significant benefits package, training & more!
Eligibility: You must be a UK resident and able to work without Visa sponsorship
Are you a System Administrator with 5+ years DevOps or Architect AWS Cloud certification, skilled in insuring that deployed software products work effectively for customers? If so, I have a role for you!
Our client is a leading, international software vendor who require a Technical Systems Administrator to support their continued growth and rollout of new products across their UK customer base. This position will provide you with great opportunity to progress further into a Technical Management role.
- 5 years Dev/Ops or Architect AWS Cloud certification
- Strong experience in cloud platform services and administration – AWS preferred
- Demonstrable experience supporting Red-Hat Linux infrastructure
- Experience of working with MariaDB/MySQL relational database
- Interest in application security or security exposure
- Analysing, developing, interpreting, and evaluating complex AWS Cloud system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration, and integration of systems
- Supporting the deployment of services on the AWS public cloud. Knowledge of cloud architecture principals and deployment of IaC through tooling such as CloudFormation.
- Supporting the evaluation, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and administration of new and upgraded software applications
- Conducting problem analysis and resolving application problems
- Maintaining and extending our monitoring, metrics, and alerting systems using software Zabbix
- Developing and maintaining operations services including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Assessing and recommending improvements to applications, software, communications, and operating systems
- Communicate clearly with Software development and Product teams
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for system applications and resolution of faults, enhancements and modifications to applications, and maintenance instructions
- Maintaining technologies (including user access, access policies, etc.) to ensure Application security and perform audits as required.
- Support and work closely with internal team
- Take part in out of hours on-call if need arises
- Experience of VMWare and vSphere
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Any experience with other healthcare products
- Experience with containerization and CI tooling
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
Search Terms: Technical Systems Administrator, Red Hat Linux, RHEL, vSphere, Zabbix, Jenkins, VMware, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Red-Hat Linux, VMWare and vSphere, MariaDB/MySQL, Microsoft Power BI, AWS, IaC, CloudFormation, Monitoring, Associate level DEV/OPS or architect AWS Cloud certification.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com