Location: Remote (100% Work from home)
Term: 3 Months (rolling)
Rate: £450 per day
Do you have excellent User Research experience on GDS (Government Digital Services) Projects? We need to hear from you!!
You will plan and conduct research activities to understand user needs, motivations and behaviour, as well as organisational goals and processes.
Your research will be key to supporting the wider team to develop simple and intuitive services/products, based on a deep, shared understanding of user and organisation needs. You will also test solutions and concepts with users to ensure they are fit for purpose, and inform improvements.
As the UR you will need to know what the GDS Service Standards are and can demonstrate the team have met the criteria for those standards.
Main UR attributes:
* Planning the research approach for projects, selecting the most appropriate methods and considering constraints around time, budget and recruitment.
* Facilitating discovery research with users and stakeholders, using methods such as interviews, surveys and observation
* Facilitating evaluative research to assess the suitability and usability of proposed solutions, using methods such as usability testing and diary studies
* User Research (UR) skills and experience
* User Experience Research (UX) skills and experience
* Agile & Scrum experience for Web applications
* Understanding knowledge and experience working to Government Digital Services (GDS) practices
* Experience of working on government services, delivering to the Government Service Standard, with a solid understanding of GDS design patterns and prototyping tools
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org