Role: 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Manager
Salary: £32,000 + Overtime, Significant Benefits Package & Training
Benefits: Pension, Private Medical Healthcare, Health Memberships, Saver Cards & much more!
Location: Wrexham, on-site 5 days per week
Are you a confident IT all-rounder? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for a local IT Support Specialist. You will be the sole on-site IT Support for an industrial/office site supporting everyone from shop floor IT through to Senior Stakeholders.
The ideal candidate would be able to communicate honestly, openly, and consistently well showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure.
This role offers a variety of technical responsibility including Desktop Computing, Telephony, Active Directory, Networking & Comms etc..
- High level of self-motivation and flexibility to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Excellent customer facing / communication skills.
- Windows 7 & 10
- Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- DCHP/DNS, TCP/IP, VPN
- Active Directory
- Understanding and experience troubleshooting and repairing computer & printer hardware.
- Passionate & professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Good organisation skills & time management.
- Responsible for 2nd line support of day-to-day operations of the I.T. Infrastructure
- Administer and support desktop applications, hardware and printers, PC builds, OS repairs, system restores etc.
- Resolve and support issues in an efficient and proactive manner.
- Schedule follow up calls and installation bookings and see them through to completion.
- Ensure that procedures and configuration records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance tasks are completed.
- Learn and build on existing experience.
- Working to SLA’s and effectively prioritise work.
- Provide hardware, software, and infrastructure support to partner companies.
- Manage projects within specified guidelines.
- Ensure daily data backups are kept and maintained.
- Research, identify and test innovative I.T. solutions that can improve the business.
- Manage local user accounts, software assignment and installation and manage local security protocols.
- Ensure servers properly setup, maintained and patched.
- Install and administer networking devices such as Cisco switches and access points.
- You will also be required to help with out of hours support.
- Education – GCSE or equivalent.
- CompTIA A+
- Dell / HP accreditation
*You will need a Full UK Drivers Licence*
Search Terms: Dell, HP, CCENT, MCSA, CompTIA A+, Hardware, Software, Office 365, Windows, Windows 10, Windows 7, Printer, Active Directory, DCHP, DNS, TCP, IP, Desktop.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org