Role: Database Developer
Salary: £40k-£45k + 10% bonus & benefits
Location: 100% WFH / Remote
Are you a Microsoft SQL Database Developer looking for a new opportunity within the heart of improving Digital Healthcare Technology? If so, then we may have the role for you.
Working within a team of Database Developers, you will be a part of influencing, innovating, and driving database design, providing innovative solutions for customers, such as data migration whilst ensuring a high level of service, database performance and availability across a large customer base.
You will work alongside Application Developers, Project Managers, Operational Service Team.
- 3+ years’ experience
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Modern RDMBS – SQL Server is preferable – experience of a procedural language such as TSQL.
- Complex SQL – The ability to write complex SQL, tune queries and be at home reading a query plan. Be able to investigate query performance on operational databases.
- Relational Database Design – The ability to recognise a well-designed database with an understanding of database normalisation and the compromises that sometimes necessitate breaking it (indexing, constraints and so on).
- Data Migration – Ideally, experience of migrating data into production systems. At the very least, an awareness and understanding of the processes involved and familiarity with some case studies.
- Develop stored procedures using procedural languages
- Tune SQL queries and be able to read and understand query plans
- Understand the ongoing challenges of using a RDBMS in an enterprise environment including managing performance & maintenance activities
- Provide Technical Support to internal staff and customers
- Deliver Technical Projects on time
- Produce Technical Documentation
Search Terms: Microsoft SQL Database Developer, Database Developer, SQL Developer, SQL Server, Microsoft SQL, TSQL, Data Migration, SSIS, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com